For Washington County Residents
This program is funded by the PA Department of Human Services Waiver services.
TEC works with the Community Living, Person/Family Directed Support (PFDS), and Consolidated Waivers. TEC provides two Supported Employment waiver services: Job Finding and Development and Job Coaching and Support.
Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities who participate in this program are some former students of TEC’s transition programs who graduated and transitioned into supported employment services.
- Job Finding and Development (H2023 SE): Development of skills, outreach to potential employers, training of job tasks, and other such tasks to assist individuals in acquiring a job.
- Job Coaching and Support (W9794 SE): Follow up with an individual working in competitive employment and their employer to support them in maintaining employment in the community. This helps identify and solve any problems as they arise to prevent the person from losing their job.
- Eligibility is based on individual choice
- Supported employment is integrated with treatment
- Competitive employment is the goal
- Job search starts soon after an individual expresses interest in working
- Follow-along support is continuous
- Individual preferences are important
- Personalized benefits counseling is important
- Must have an approved Person/Family Directed Support (PFDS), Community Living, or Consolidated Waiver
- Must want to pursue competitive integrated employment
- Must reside in Washington County