For Washington County Residents
TEC helps individuals obtain and maintain competitive and integrated employment. We are contracted by Washington County Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (BHDS).
TEC assists with
- Finding employment
- Developing resumes
- Participating in mock interviews
- Building employment-related skills
- Individuals can also be referred for benefits counseling if needed
- Improves overall mental well-being
- Become a productive member of society
- Helps with recovery and inclusion
- Enhances self-confidence and social functioning
- Provides meaning and purpose to life
The job placement rate for 2023.
- Eligibility is based on individual choice
- Supported employment is integrated with treatment
- Competitive employment is the goal
- Job search starts soon after an individual expresses interest in working
- Follow-along support is continuous
- Individual preferences are important
- Personalized benefits counseling is important
- For individuals with mental health diagnoses or in recovery from drug and alcohol abuse
- The Washington County Base Service Unit, Center for Community Resources (CCR) must refer individuals to the program. CCR can be reached at 724-914-3058.