A private academic school licensed by the PA Department of Education.
TEC Education Center provides relevant and authentic transition-based learning experiences to high school students with disabilities. We provide a unique programming option for local school districts for a specialized group of students to grow and become successful. The program offers academics that are delivered in accordance with each student’s Individual Education Plan (IEP), transition skills, and work skills through volunteering at local community work sites.
We aim to prepare students who leave the program to pursue secondary education, enter a training program, enter competitive integrated employment within the community or integrate back into their home school district, if appropriate.
- Small Group and Individual Instruction
- Team Building Skills
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution Strategies
- Accommodate Individual Needs
School Location and Attendance
- 330 Central Avenue, Washington, PA 15301
- Students attend from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Must be between the ages of 14-22
- Must reside in Washington county
- Must be referred to the program by the student’s home school district
- Must be recommended by the student’s IEP team
- Have a willingness to actively participate in all programming
A proven track record of success!
95% of the graduates from the last 5 years have either entered competitive employment, went on to post secondary education, or are engaged in meaningful activities after graduation from TEC programming.